regular square prism calculator
Regular square prism
A regular square prism is a three-dimensional solid with two congruent square bases and four congruent rectangular faces. Here’s the information needed to calculate the surface area and volume of a regular square prism:
- Length of a side of the square base (l)
- Height of the prism (h)
Formula for Surface Area: The surface area of a regular square prism can be calculated using the following formula:
A = 2 × l² + 4 × l × h
Formula for Volume: The volume of a regular square prism can be calculated using the following formula:
V = l² × h
Steps to Calculate Surface Area and Volume:
- Determine the length of a side of the square base.
- Determine the height of the prism.
- Calculate the surface area of the regular square prism using the formula: A = 2 × l² + 4 × l × h
- Calculate the volume of the regular square prism using the formula: V = l² × h
Note: π represents the mathematical constant pi, which is approximately equal to 3.14159.
I hope that helps you! Let me know if you have any further questions.