A volume calculator is a tool that can be used to calculate the volume of various three-dimensional shapes such as cubes, spheres, cylinders, cones, and rectangular prisms.
The formulas for calculating the volume of these shapes are:
- Cube: V = s^3, where s is the length of a side
- Sphere: V = (4/3)πr^3, where r is the radius
- Cylinder: V = πr^2h, where r is the radius and h is the height
- Cone: V = (1/3)πr^2h, where r is the radius and h is the height
- Rectangular prism: V = lwh, where l, w, and h are the length, width, and height, respectively
To use the volume calculator, you simply need to input the relevant measurements for the shape you are trying to calculate the volume of, and the calculator will do the rest.
For example, let’s say you want to calculate the volume of a sphere with a radius of 5 cm. Here’s how to do it:
- Input the radius into the calculator: r = 5 cm
- Use the formula for the volume of a sphere: V = (4/3)πr^3
- Plug in the value of the radius: V = (4/3)π(5 cm)^3
- Calculate the volume: V = 523.6 cm^3
Therefore, the volume of the sphere is 523.6 cm^3.