Area of circle calculator
Area of circle
The formula to calculate the area of a circle is:
Area = π × r^2
Where π (pi) is a mathematical constant approximately equal to 3.14159, and r is the radius of the circle.
So, if the radius of a circle is given as 5 cm, the area of the circle can be calculated as:
Area = π × r^2 Area = π × 5^2 Area = 3.14159 × 25 Area = 78.5398 square centimeters
Therefore, the area of the circle with radius 5 cm is 78.5398 square centimeters.
Area of circle step by step
Sure, here are the steps to calculate the area of a circle:
- Determine the radius of the circle. This is the distance from the center of the circle to any point on its perimeter.
- Use the formula A = πr² to find the area of the circle. “A” represents the area and “r” represents the radius of the circle.
- Substitute the value of the radius into the formula. For example, if the radius of the circle is 5 cm, the formula becomes A = π(5)².
- Simplify the formula using the order of operations. First, square the value of the radius to get 25. Then, multiply 25 by π to get the exact area of the circle.
Round the answer to the desired number of decimal places, if necessary. The area of a circle is typically expressed in terms of square units, such as square centimeters or square inches.
For example, if the radius of a circle is 5 cm, the area of the circle can be calculated as follows:
- A = πr²
- A = π(5)²
- A = 25π
- A ≈ 78.54 (rounded to two decimal places)
Therefore, the area of the circle with a radius of 5 cm is approximately 78.54 square centimeters.